Tuesday 22 July 2014

Filled Under:

His Family

After being named one of Good Housekeeping's "50 Most Eligible Bachelors" in 1985,[72] Gates married Melinda French on January 1, 1994. They have three children: daughters Jennifer Katharine (b. 1996) and Phoebe Adele (b. 2002), and son Rory John (b. 1999). The family resides in the Gates's home, an earth-sheltered house in the side of a hill overlooking Lake Washington in Medina. According to King County public records, as of 2006 the total assessed value of the property (land and house) is $125 million, and the annual property tax is $991,000. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Gates has stated, in regards his faith that "The moral systems of religion, I think, are super important. We've raised our kids in a religious way; they've gone to the Catholic church that Melinda goes to and I participate in. I've been very lucky, and therefore I owe it to try and reduce the inequity in the world. And that's kind of a religious belief. I mean, it's at least a moral belief." In the same interview, Gates said "I think it makes sense to believe in God, but exactly what decision in your life you make differently because of it, I don't know."[73][74]

0 comments:

Post a Comment